Industrial Distributors surveyed by Baird think they will continue to grow in 2019, albeit at a slower pace of 4% vs 5.9% last year.
Here are some of the highlights of the 2019 Distribution Industry Outlook:
- 2018 Q4 revenues were up 5.9%, 2019 Q1 outlook is +4.1%
- General MRO was up 6.8% in 2018
- Metalworking/Cutting Tools was up 5.9%
- Safety was up 7%
- Industrial Supply pricing was up 2%
- Fasteners were up 4%, expecting continued increases in 2019, especially if tariffs go up to 25%
Expected 2019 trends:
- Industrial Supply outlook for 2019: up 4% (decelerated growth)
- Safety: +3.8%
- OEM Fasteners: +3.4%
- General MRO: +4.0%
- Facilities Maintenance/Jan-San MRO: +4.5%
- Metalworking/Cutting Tools: +5.1%
- Electrical: +4.0%
Click here for the MDM article on the survey.
Click here to access a recording of the webcast.