U.S. Manufacturing Productivity Rose 2% in 4th Quarter of 2018

2018 Manufacturing Productivity Growth by Rivet MRO Industrial Marketing Agency and Distributor Co-op Marketing Consultant.png

According to Industrial Supply Magazine, the manufacturing sector labor productivity increased 2.0 percent in the fourth quarter of 2018, as output increased 2.7 percent and hours worked rose 0.8 percent.

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today that productivity increased 3.3 percent in the durable manufacturing sector and 1.9 percent in the nondurable manufacturing sector in the fourth quarter of 2018. Over the last four quarters, total manufacturing sector productivity increased 1.0 percent, as output increased 2.9 percent and hours worked increased 1.9 percent. Unit labor costs in manufacturing increased 2.2 percent in the fourth quarter of 2018 and rose 0.8 percent from the same quarter a year ago.